8th Floor, General Mustafiz Tower, MIST.
Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering (4 Years)
Military Institute of Science and Technology.
- Champion in the application category of the Medical Robotics Challenge for Contagious Diseases, organized by Imperial College London
- Champion in the creative app contest of the “Tri Robo Cup”, organized by the MIST Robotics club
- 3rd runner-up of the project-building subcategory under the problem-based category at COVID-19 Combatants Unification Competition
- MIST Dean’s List of honor – 2018
- Academic Session 2017-2018
- MIST Dean’s List of honor – 2019
- Academic Session 2018-2019
- Received University Merit Scholarship in Level-2 and level-3 at Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST).
- Solved over 1500 problems in different online judges and participated in many Inter-University competitive programming competitions.
Research Domain: Machine Learning, Data Science, AI, Bioinformatics, IoT
- Muhammad Nazrul Islam, Tahasin Mahmud, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Sumaiya Nuha Mustafina and A. K. M. Nazmul Islam, ”Exploring Machine Learning Algorithms to Find the Best Features for Predicting Modes of Childbirth,” in IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 1680-1692, 2021 (IF = 3.75 and SJR Rank = Q1) [HTML Link]
- Jesika Rahman, Khondaker Sakil Ahmed, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Kamrul Islam and Sujith Mangalathu ”Data-Driven Shear Strength Prediction of Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete Beams Using Machine Learning Algorithms”. Engineering Structures (IF = 3.548 and SJR Rank = Q1) [HTML Link]
- Muhammad Nazrul Islam, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Ayon Roy, Mahbubur Rahman, Saddam Hossain Mukta and A. K. M. Nazmul Islam ”Sentiment Analysis of Twitter data during COVID-19 Pandemic using Deep Neural Network”, accepted for publication in JMIR Medical Informatrics. (IF = 2.58 and SJR Rank = Q1)
JOURNAL SUBMITTED AND CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW:
- Muhammad Nazrul Islam, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Nafiz Islam, Samuli Laato and A. K. M. Nazmul Islam ”Monitoring the Health and Movement of Quarantined COVID-19 Patients with Wearable Devices”. Digital Health.
- Muhammad Nazrul Islam and Nafiz Imtiaz Khan ”Designing User Interfaces for Illiterate and Semi-literate Users: A Systematic Review”. IETE Technical Review.
- Samia Zakir Sarothi, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Khondaker Sakil Ahmed, Aziz Ahmed ”An exploratory study on the application of machine learning to predict the ultimate capacity of bearing type double shear bolted connections in Structural Steel”. Engineering Structures.
- Samia Zakir Sarothi, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Khondaker Sakil Ahmed, Aziz Ahmed ”Machine Learning Models to Predict Ultimate Capacity of Bearing Type Double Shear Bolted Connections in Structural Steel”. Journal of Structural Engineering
- Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Tahasin Mahmud, Muhammad Nazrul Islam and Sumaiya Nuha Mustafina. ”Prediction of Cesarean Childbirth using Ensemble Machine Learning Methods”, 22nd International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services (iiWAS2020) November 30-December 2, 2020, Chiang Mai, Thailand. [HTML Link]
- Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Sumaiya Nuha Mustafina, Farzana Faruk Jhumu, A.H.M Zobyer, Masrur Hasan Mahin, Md. Ariful Islam Tarek, Raiyan Rahman, Muhmmad Nazrul Islam ”Towards Developing an Automated Attendance Management System using Fingerprint Sensor”, International Conference on Emerging Technology in Computing, Communication and Electronics. December 21-22, 2020, Dhaka, Bangladesh. [HTML Link]
- Tarannum Zaki, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Muhammad Nazrul Islam ”Evaluation of User’s Emotional Experience through Neurological and Physiological Measures in Playing Serious Games”, accepted for publication in 20th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA) On the World Wide Web, December 12-15, 2020
- Anika Islam Aishwarja, Nusrat Jahan Eva, Shakira Mushtary, Zarin Tasnim, Muhammad Nazrul Islam and Nafiz Imtiaz Khan ”Exploring the Machine Learning Algorithms to Find the Best Features for Predicting the Breast Cancer and its Recurrence”, 3rd International Conference on Intelligent Computing & Optimization. April 22-23, 2021 Hua Hin, Thailand. [HTML Link]
- Junior Software Developer, Guard Force Securities
Duration: August 2019 – February 2020
- Industrial Trainee, Robi Axiata Limited
Duration: December 2019 – January 2020
- FACULTY MEMBER, Department of CSE, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
Duration: March, 2021– Present.
C, C++, Java, Python
Oracle, Firebase, MySql
Codeblocks, Netbeans, Eclipse, MATLAB, Android Studio, Packet Tracer, Emu8086, Arduino
Word Processing and Presentation
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint
OpenGL, Blender, Adobe Illustrator
- CMH Plasma bank, a platform for managing plasma donors and accumulated plasma in CMH and AFIP
- MIST Blood Bank, a platform for the MIST students to get in touch with potential blood donors in case of dire need
- MAAS: MIST Automated Attendance System, an integrated, embedded and fully automated attendance system that makes the use of edge and cloud computing, biometric sensors, and real-time cloud database
- UVC-PURGE V2.0, a semi-autonomous UVC disinfection robot
- DiaTracker, a digital solution for tracking diabetes
- FilesFly, a desktop application for transferring files.